The Church Historian records the life of the congregation so that our heritage will be preserved as a foundation for the future.
- Review the historical materials and collections of the congregation to determine what needs to be done to update, preserve, and interpret the material to people of all ages
- Keep records in good order and interpret the history to others, particularly emphasizing the history of faith and the impact of “lived faith” on the larger Tybee Island community
- Document events and collect associated materials to add to the historical record
- Build a team of people to help with these tasks
- The historians is accountable to the charge conference, and is elected by that body
The Church Historian must be nominated by the Lay Leadership Committee and elected by the charge conference. Contact Rev. Alex Tracy (chair of Lay Leadership) via the church office to get involved!